The External CF Drive v2.0 is an external CF card reader solution designed for use on the Apple II MicroDrive/Turbo controller. The External CF Drive however is standard IDE so it can also be used on other controllers or platforms. Available in two painted colors to best match the II+, IIe, and IIgs.
Since the development of CF card mass storage solutions like the MicroDrive, Focus Drive, and CFFA users have needed to open their Apple II systems in order to access the CF card. For most users this can be an inconvenience as many system setups have drives and monitors stacked upon them. Disconnection of peripherals and cables may also be required, adding to the time required. CF card access is required when the user wishes to backup or transfer files between the Apple II and PC/Mac.
The External CF Drive allows for a more user friendly experience when using a CF card on the Apple II platform.
- No longer do you need to open your Apple II in order to remove your CF card for adding files, backing up, or exchanging for another CF card.
- The External CF Drive is an external CF card reader solution designed for use on the Apple IIe or IIgs MicroDrive or MicroDrive/Turbo controller.
- The External CF Drive is standard 40 Pin IDE so it can also be used on other controllers or platforms.
- We offer a 44 Pin Adapter to allow the External CF Drive to be used on the Focus Drive.
- As the name implies, the External CF Drive allows for simple and easy access your CF card externally.
- Come standard with a custom 2.5 foot / 75cm long flat IDE cable. However other length cables can be installed if desired.
- Extremely simple, quick, one time installation procedure. Removal is just as simple.
- There are no differences or performance decreases compared to a “standard” IDE CF card adapter used inside an Apple II case.
Was $99, now only $60!
And prices keep falling on all our products as we continue to be the premier Apple II vendor. We have another major announcement planned to happen soon about price, so please excuse all the emails on the mailing list and stay tuned for more good Apple II news!